Monday, August 2, 2010

JuLy MaDneSS

Last week went a little like this:
Wednesday night Haeli, Emery (H's little sista) and I drove lill' Neph into the Lewistown fair.
Ate a little dinner and cooled off with the famous homemade "Baraco" ice cream bar.
P.S. It is not named after Barack Obama or we would not be purchasing them!
Walked to the 4-H barn to observe all the hard work of the Lewistown youth.
People who know me might think I am slightly obsessed with animal print.
Didn't take me too long to scout out my favorite sheep in the barn!
Ended that night by putting my salon flyers on everyone's windshield :D

Thursday morning Weston came into the shop for a quick trim..turned into a quick color. Poor brothers have to put up with anything I want to try on their hair!

Before my dad, Weston, Nick, Haeli and I took off for the family reunion in Utah we stopped to say goodbye to the hardcore hayers who stayed home to finish.
Jaxon and my mom make a quite the team out on those New Holland beauties.


Saw 80 head of elk on our ranch which included 5 big trophy bulls!
Too bad nobody hunts in our family...

Arrived to Logan at 5 AM Friday morning.
We are what you call night driving warriors.
Around West Yellowstone I almost hit a wolf which was walking in the middle of the road not to concerned about being killed.
Out of all the driving my dads done he's never seen a wolf in the wild.
Pretty cool and for all you Twilight fans it made it 100% more real that Jacob does exist :)
Night of the talent show...
Gracie Allen performed her Irish dancing that she has taken part of for 4 (?) years now. She did awesome!

Love my brother!
After the talent show the Russ Allen family had our own jam party in the lobby of the resort.
Preslie (Scott and Marianne's baby girl) Used to babysit their family when I was living in Utah. So good to see them all. I hope my girls will be as cute as they are!


Weston played "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift and I have never heard so many little girl voices singing their hearts out. Soooo cute!


Saturday drove two hours South to my old stomping grounds of Provo to meet up with my Paul Mitchell besties.
We had the best time catching up on each others lives.
Sarah, me, Jessica, Amber, and Rosanne.
Sarah's still as cute as ever, working at Paul Mitchell the School as a Learning Leader. Jessica was just engaged on the 12th. Her ring is huge! Amber is due in October with her first baby boy. Rosanne is the newlywed of the group! I'm so lucky to have met these lifelong friends in school!

Sarah ended up working her magic and talking this guy into letting me bungee jump for free.
(All without my knowledge) So scary but fun. I don't like being in front of big crowds drawing this kind of attention to myself but put my brave face on.
Ended up mastering the back and front flip:)


Sunday we all parted and headed back to the Big Sky Country.
Weston, Dallin, Sarah Jane, her two girls and me.


Before our goodbye's Dad brought out the hot shot for one last round of circle of trust.
Everyone gathers in a big circle and holds hands. One person touches one prong of the hot shot and as soon as the last person in the circle touches the other prong a big shock shoots through everyone in the whole circle. Bigger the circle the bigger shock.
Before-

After-I love everyone's expressions.

Another fun reunion. Was sad leaving all our family but a comfort to know I have so many connections in so many places.
Cousins Rule!<3

4 comments:

Panda said...

...you left out a fun little story... :-)
circle of trust: ha! :-)
loved this post...i've looked at all the pics like 2098 times.

tialovesmontana said...

So glad you did a family reunion post! Looks like it was a blast. :)

Jesse said...

Ah, Kiss. This was so fun! Way to keep all us distant hearts in on the fun. Love you very much.

Kara said...

i'm sad i miss out on all the fun!! it looks like you have had a super exciting summer so far!! love ya kenz!